Case Study 1 - Invoice Calculations: From complex to simple
Though this study only involved a small amount of data, my client was manually calculating invoices from three different sections of a spreadsheet. Costs differed depending on the product itself, the location of the product and the location of the customer.
I created a simple invoice sheet where all my client has to do is click from a drop down menu for the three main variables which would produce his quote, with the invoice sheet sourcing the data directly meaning no manual intervention and therefore no room for error.
Case Study 2 - Clarifying data to find profitability
My clients brand involves a vast amount of products and several different sales channels. I sliced the data up to look at it in different ways and from there, my client was able to see that just one of his products was actually responsible for 56% of net profit while 20% of his products were making a loss.
This enabled my client to focus his time and effort on the profitable end and streamline the amount of products he was selling.
Case Study 3 - Understanding your end requirements
A vastly complex set of spreadsheets built up over many years – confused calculations and multiple format changes leading to calculation uncertainty in developing pricing models and templates along with profit and loss scenarios and foreign exchange solutions. There were many, many variables, some of which countered each other, making it tricky to provide a simple x vs. y axis.
We spent time understanding the business and end requirement, including automation.
After the first look, we worked closely to create a simple, robust model which can work year on year as provider costs change, which automated through to a pricing sheet and profit and loss sheet.
We embedded ‘what-if’ calculations in order to automate for any past, present and future scenarios.
We added in a foreign exchange model to accommodate clients from around the world.